Earthquakes are a complex interaction of many parameters in the Earth, but now you can generate your very own earthquakes to study! The spring-slider apparatus gives you on demand earthquakes to explore right on your benchtop. This classic experiment has been updated with modern technology to allow students to actually measure load and displacement in the system. Lab activities range from qualitative discussions in introductory classes to advanced data analysis and rate-and-state frictional studies for graduate level students.
Complete spring slider kit
- Spring slider apparatus
- USB Mini-B to A Cable
- 3 grits of adhesive back sandpaper
- Power supply
- 1kg Load Cell
- Precision stepper motor and motor controller
- Hand control pendant (stops on release)
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – Product contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
- WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.