The hardware watchdog is a dedicated monitoring and reset device to ensure continued operation of field devices when they experience a malfunction and are in need of a hard reset. By monitoring a data or heartbeat signal, the watchdog keeps record of elapsed time since the last activity. After a preset threshold (60 seconds) is reached, the system triggers a relay which disconnects power from the attached device for 10 seconds, then reapplies power. This action is intended to act as a corrective measure if the attached hardware has experienced a failure due to circumstances such as a software lock-up that can be corrected by power cycling. The on/off times are not user adjustable, but may be programmed to custom intervals at the factory upon request. The hardware watchdog can run on 7-32 VDC input and pulls very low power until the reset relay circuit is active.
- Hardware Watchdog
- Wide input voltage range 7-32 VDC
- Low power operation
- Automatic reset of attached equipment upon loss of heartbeat signal
- Easy to follow hook up guide
- WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – Product contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
- WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.